Demonstration simulator for the Blue Robotics BlueROV2 ROV
ROVsim BlueROV2 is specifically designed to demonstrate the features and ease of operation of the industry leading BlueROV2 ROV. Originally developed for Blue Robotics to use in tradeshows, it is now available for anyone to use and is an ideal tool to demonstrate the ROV’s operation when water access is either inconvenient or not possible.
ROVsim BlueROV is based on the same technology and includes the same amazing 3D graphics and physics accurate simulations as our other ROVsim products. The user interface, operation and hardware requirements were greatly simplified to make the application accessible to almost anyone.
- Tradeshow demonstrations
- Client demonstrations
- Introductory ROV classes*
- Student outreach
* Does not comply with IMCA standards for ROV training simulators.
- Fully immersive 3D environment
- Realistic graphics effects
- Realistic ocean environment
- Physics accurate ROV simulation
- Blue Robotics BlueROV2 3D model
- Fully functional 1 DOF Gripper
- Gamepad / Joystick support
- Input controls match the real thing!
- “Your Company Name” splash screen
Standard mission package:
- Introductory swimming pool
- Shipwreck exploration
- Potable water tank inspection
- NEW! Canal Search and Recovery
Standard Video Overlay:
- UPDATED! ArduSub with voice prompts
Minimum system requirements
- Microsoft Windows 7 through 10
- i5 or i7 CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 3D performance oriented graphics card with a minimum of 256 MB video RAM
- Monitor capable of displaying 1024×768 pixels or larger
- Gamepad or joystick (Logitech F310 recommended)
Swimming Pool Mission
This is a timed challenge mission that takes place in an olympic sized pool. The operator has 5 minutes to complete a series of objectives. The objectives include flying the ROV under and through the “milk crate bridges” without hitting them. Completion of an objective increases their score.
This mission is the most visual of the missions and is intended to allow the operator to explore a shipwreck, surrounded by schools of fish and sharks. The operator must be careful not to snag his tether in the broken timbers of the wreck.
Water Tank Mission
This is intended to allow the operator to demonstrate how an ROV is used to inspect a potable water storage tank. There are numerous areas of corrosion in this tank, and dead “biologics” to locate and inspect. The bottom of the tank has a layer of soft silt and flying too closely to the bottom stirs up the silt and reduces visibility.
Canal Search and Rescue Mission
A swimmer has been reported missing and presumed drowned in the canal. Your objective is to locate the drowned swimmer as quickly as possible. Investigate all objects of interest. Conduct a survey of the bottom and create a map of bottom objects for future reference.