Ship simulator for maritime demonstrations and training
vSHIP 2.0 is designed for flexible scalability, unmatched visual realism, realistic physics simulation and compliance to a wide range of industry standard interfaces. Ideally suited for interfacing, training and demonstration of modern marine electronics.
Available as a PC based simulator, vSHIP can interface with marine electronics and navigation software via industry standard interfaces, as well as with other vSHIP and ROVsim Pro installations, providing a real world, coordinated operation simulation. Drawing on our experience in undersea simulation, vSHIP sets a new level of unmatched visual realism and advanced physics simulation.
- Marine electronics demonstrations
- Maritime training
- Electronic navigation training
- Offshore mooring and support operations
- Helmsman training
- Docking training
- Fully immersive 3D environment
- Realistic graphics effects
- Realistic ocean environment
- Adjustable sea state
- Physics accurate ship simulation
- 3 views: birds eye, bow and stern
- Full on screen instrumentation
- RADAR display
- 3 different watercraft
- 4 missions
- Support for wide range of input devices
- Panoramic display support
- NMEA 0183 output
- AIS output
Standard mission package:
- Mid Ocean Buoy scene
- Offshore Wind Turbine scene
- Offshore Oil Rig scene
- Industrial Port scene
- 9 meter Unmanned Surface Vessel
- 11 meter Rescue Craft
- 87 meter AHTS
Minimum system requirements
- Microsoft Windows 7 through 10
- i5 or i7 CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 3D performance oriented graphics card with a minimum of 256 MB video RAM
- Monitor capable of displaying 1024×768 pixels or larger
- Serial port (COM1-COM9) for communications with electronics (optional)
Oceanographic Buoy Mission
This mission includes a mid-ocean weather buoy. Locate the buoy on RADAR and maneuver close enough to recover the buoy for repairs. Be sure to monitor and avoid any ship traffic.
Offshore Oil Rig Mission
This mission includes an offshore oil platform located in the Gulf of Mexico. Be sure to avoid the other AHTS while coming alongside the platform.
Coastal Wind Farm Mission
This mission is located in a wind farm facility off the European coast. Navigate the island’s coast line while avoiding shoals and obstacles.
Industrial Port Mission
Make your approach to the harbor and beware of the shoals just outside of the marked channel. Beware of the outbound freighter. Moor your vessel on the floating dock once inside the harbor’s break wall.