ROVsim² O&G minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 32 bit Operating System (Windows 7 recommended)
- i5 CPU or equivalent
- 2 GB RAM
- 3D performance oriented graphics card with a minimum of 1 GB video RAM
- Monitor capable of 1680×945 pixels (ROVsim² O&G can be run on 1, 2 or 3 monitors)
Recommended system and options:
- Windows 64 bit Operating System (Windows 7 recommended)
- Intel Core i7 Processor
- 6 GB RAM
- High performance 3D oriented graphics card with 2 GB video RAM
- Three monitors capable of displaying 1024×768 pixels. (ROVsim² O&G can be run on 1, 2 or 3 monitors)
- Custom ROV hand controller
- USB Keypad, Smart Phone or Tablet for remote instructor control
- External NMEA 0183 instruments, chart plotter, etc.
ROVsim² O&G (with Instructor’s 3D Display) system requirements:
- Windows 64 bit operating system (Windows 7 recommended)
- High performance i7 class computer
- Minimum 4 GB system RAM
- High performance 3D graphics adapter capable of working with 3 monitors (such as the ATI FirePro V8800)
- Three (3) monitors* capable of displaying the same screen resolution (ie. all monitors can display 1024×768). The monitors do not have to be the same physical dimensions but should have the same native resolution aspect ratio.
- Mouse or trackball
- Hand controller for ROV control**
- Hand controller for manipulator control**
- Keyboard, numeric keypad, or smartphone device for instructor’s remote control of currents, environment and casualties.***
* The program can be run on a single monitor, which is useful during demonstrations, but for IMCA/DNV compliance must be displayed on 3 separate monitors (video, sonar, and instructor’s 3D display).
** The Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and Gamepad F310 are an effective, low cost solution for an IMCA Class B simulator, however to comply with the requirements for a Class A simulator controls similar to the real ROV will need to be used. This can be accomplished in a number of ways, but most commonly by building a custom hand controller or by use of a custom serial to USB interface. We provide both of these solutions and will be happy to discuss your specific requirements.
*** Remote control of currents, environment and casualties is triggered through the computer keyboard’s numeric pad. There are a number of ways this can be accomplished, including using a wireless keyboard, USB number pad, or with an Android/Windows/Apple smartphone/tablet connected to a network using a keyboard emulator such as Unified Remote.